Wednesday, August 8, 2012

On the way to the Valley

Pslam 145:5-6 "They speak of the glorious splendor of your majesty—
    and I will meditate on your wonderful works. 
They tell of the power of your awesome works— 
    and I will proclaim your great deeds."

Reflecting after the Vail valley experience, God is worthy of SO much praise for all he did this summer -- I would love to share some of his awesome works! This is the first of 3 parts (On the way, In the Valley, Comming down the mountain). Thanks for all the prayers and support.

Why Vail? "Suffering for Jesus," is a phrase often joked about as we walked under the shade of the aspen leaves in a beautiful Colorado valley. Vail needs Jesus too. I chose to spend my summer in Vail for a few reasons:

Vail Summer Project is a project that focuses mainly on three things: inward growth toward Christ, Relational (co-worker) ministry, and leadership development. I needed to grow in all three of these areas (don't we all?). I especially liked the coworker ministry development. My dream and purpose in life is to be a part of a movement for Christ, a generation of multipliers through evangelism and discipleship. Learning how to share the Gospel in a real world context would benefit me and help me train others how to do the same. This summer experience may be some of the most important training for my personal ministry and for God's kingdom.

I was scared, excited, and unsure all at the same time. I simply prayed "God, would you be glorified if I spend my summer for you?". He said he would. So I confirmed my spot and began to trust God to raise 3,500 in a couple months!

P.S. If you are a college student and this even somewhat excites you, begin praying now for two things: Opportunities to serve Him and the heart to say YES! when he presents such and opportunity.

And of course, living in and outdoor enthusiast's heaven on earth also drew me to this project :)

My car was packed and I was heading to spend a summer full of growth and love with 24 other college students, non of whom I had ever met.  (More posts on the way)

No comments:

Post a Comment